WELCOME!

WELCOME FRIENDS! This new blog page will let us reach non facebook users and continue in our mission against the Drug EPIDEMIC.

If you would like to send me a private message please email me at jessica_akhrass@yahoo.com
(all lower case letters)

YOU CAN MAKE A POST OR A COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING WITHOUT SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT :)

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Nashville Udate

NASHVILLE UPDATE:
I received a long awaited call from State Representative Ryan Haynes yesterday afternoon.  He has read my list of regulations and I wanted to share with you some good news.  First he couldn't BELIEVE that we don't already have some of these regulations in place! He thought they were all reasonable, simple, and necessary. The problem I was having with SB#1258 (Yager's Bill) is that PARTICULAR bill has already been passed and cannot be changed.  At first I was told we would have to wait and make a NEW bill for next year.  NEXT YEAR??  I was confused and frustrated. BUT! -  Haynes informed me that there is NO reason why we can't find ANOTHER bill that is in question currently that deals with prescriptions, so that some, if not ALL of these regulations could be added THIS YEAR.
He is going to work very hard next week to find the right bill to add the regulations to.  This is wonderful news. This means that we may actually get some LAWS put into place soon, so that our law enforcement can actually DO something about this issue. 
I was thrilled to have spoken with Ryan, and he invited and encouraged me to contact him via phone if I or (we) had any more questions anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment