WELCOME!

WELCOME FRIENDS! This new blog page will let us reach non facebook users and continue in our mission against the Drug EPIDEMIC.

If you would like to send me a private message please email me at jessica_akhrass@yahoo.com
(all lower case letters)

YOU CAN MAKE A POST OR A COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING WITHOUT SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT :)

Friday, April 13, 2012

MY ADDICTION APPARENTLY - THE COMPUTER

Guess what MY addiction is???? All of you on Addison's Page!! My mom is going to read this so - sorry mom! I just had to say hello to everyone. And I figure, what's wrong with saying hi, I'm in the BED, and I don't have anything else to do on my weekend of rest! Thank you all for your posts of encouragement yesterday. I still feel a bit weird physically, but mentally and emotionally I already feel better - it's weird, but in a very good way.
I KNEW that I needed to go to the doctor, and that I HAD to do something when I found out that I couldn't go to my horse show this weekend because my horse Cleo has an abscess in her foot (very normal with all this stupid RAIN!) and she isn't going to be ready to go in time. And my response was - "Oh Well"
When I showed up yesterday, at my doctor, who treats my ENTIRE family, he said, "I was wondering when I was going to see you- I've seen everyone else, and I was beginning to worry about you." He asked me what was going on and I said, "well, You'll understand this (bc he's been my doctor for so long) Yesterday I found out that I can't go to my first horse show of the year and I DON'T CARE." He asked if I had been working out, and when I said, NO, and I don't care about that either, he said "Ok You're depressed! That is NOT normal for you!" I've got the number one symptom of depression, (and rightfully so, considering everything that's happened,) not giving a damn about your most favorite things and activities.
As many of you know I promote complete honesty on this page, and many times there is a stigma about taking an anti-deprressant even though so many people take them. Sooooo, HEY WORLD! I'M ON AN ANTI-DEPRESSANT!!! I needed something, and it was either this, or curl up and die in my bed. Not that I don't long to see Addison more than anything, but apparently I have A LOT to do still on this earth.
Thank you ALL for supporting me through the most AWFUL experience I believe anyone could ever go through. Obviously all of you are helping because I CAN'T stay away from you!
Just wanted to say hello, and let you know I appreciate you all, and will now return to "resting" - but I will secretly be checking my phone for your comments on this post (shhhh)

No comments:

Post a Comment