WELCOME!

WELCOME FRIENDS! This new blog page will let us reach non facebook users and continue in our mission against the Drug EPIDEMIC.

If you would like to send me a private message please email me at jessica_akhrass@yahoo.com
(all lower case letters)

YOU CAN MAKE A POST OR A COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING WITHOUT SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT :)

Saturday, April 14, 2012

THE ONLY CHILD

The Only Child…..

During my first ten years, I always felt alone,
I had two loving parents, and a wonderful, happy home,
But what I was missing was very soon to be shown, 
A new baby brother, to call my very own,

I was so excited the day that you were born,
A little baby Addison, perfect in form,

I played with you, and helped care for you,
Doing as much as I could possibly do,
But this wasn’t a job or a chore,
I did it all because I wanted to,

I loved your baby laugh and beautiful brown eyes,
I saw your first steps, and heard your infant cries,
Things you wouldn’t remember, because you were unaware,
But I remember them all, because through them all, I was there.

I watched you grow into a boy, and then into a young man,
Through all those years together, I was there to hold your hand,
I taught you so many things, and you were always by my side,
It was you and I together, and on each other, we relied.

You brought joy and so much laughter into all of our lives,
We were one united family, even when we cried,
Your smile, and charm and intellect can never be compared,
But those were things I’ve found, that with everyone you shared.

At some point in your life you made a terrible mistake,
With this path you traveled, you put everything at stake,
Our family tried everything, to get our Addison back,
We did everything we could to get you back on track.

You realized eventually, that the choice you made was wrong,
You battled hard against it, and fought hard to be strong,
But in the end, you lost your fight, and the Lord took you Home,
And once again I found myself, so terribly alone.
I was there when your beautiful soul drifted into this world,
And I was there when it drifted out.
Now I’m trying to face this world, knowing what I am without.

I know you knew I loved you, with every piece of my heart,
I still cry up to the heavens asking WHY we had to part,
For now, I long for the day when I will see your smiling face,
And I know you will be waiting for me at those Heavenly gates.

All that remains of you are the memories in my head,
The visions of your laugh and voice I hear when lying in bed,
I will never forget holding your hand for the very last time,
Realizing how life can change, can end, and can turn on a dime.

I will spend the rest of my days doing God’s will,
Trying to help others, and save them from pills,
Everyday of my life you will never leave my mind,
Many will be painful, for you leaving me behind.

After 22 years, I am again the only child,
And hopefully one day I can think of you and smile,
Forever you live in Heaven, and are as happy as a lark,
And I will wear a necklace, carrying your ashes, near my heart.

Jessica Sharp Akhrass
April 14, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment