WELCOME!

WELCOME FRIENDS! This new blog page will let us reach non facebook users and continue in our mission against the Drug EPIDEMIC.

If you would like to send me a private message please email me at jessica_akhrass@yahoo.com
(all lower case letters)

YOU CAN MAKE A POST OR A COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING WITHOUT SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT :)

Friday, April 20, 2012

ADDISON FACTS

Facts:

I always have spoken about Addison and I in regards to how opposite we were. But the more I think about it there were many things that we had in common.

FEARLESS: From the time he was a little boy all the way up until adulthood, together we would ride any ride or attraction at any amusement park. No roller coaster was too large, too fast, or too scary. No water slide too high, no "side of the road" attraction too dangerous looking. We both jumped at the chance to try most anything.

BOLD: Addison and I both said exactly what we believed. He would spar with his teachers when he thought they were wrong, and was never afraid to say exactly what was on his mind. I'm sure most of you have figured that out about me.

OUTGOING: Addison had TONS of friends. I didn't have nearly as many when I was younger, but that changed the older I got. Addison was friends with EVERYONE from the time he was in Kindergarten. He had to repeat Kindergarten when he was small because they didn't think he was quite ready to go on to first grade, and on the first day the parents were in the class with their children. My mom started to wonder when the THIRD mother in a row said, "WE are so happy to be in this class because Addison is here." Every message I have received from people that he knew said that Addison was friends with EVERYONE he met. No matter what "group" in school they belonged to, or just the "new" kid in class, he was the first to befriend them.

SENSITIVE: Like myself, Addison was a lot more sensitive at heart than he would ever want anyone to know. Being tough on the outside, and gushy on the inside was a trait we both shared.

LOVING: My genuine love for ALL people was something Addison had as well. He worried over people who were having a hard time, and always wanted to help. He was quick to say "I Love You," and it was genuine. When we say I Love You, we mean it.

PATIENCE: NO ONE in my immediate family has this except for my dad. Mom, Addison and I were always known for having very little of this important fruit of the spirit.

LOVE FOR ME: As much as I always talked about Addison, and worried about Addison, and LOVED him to the depth of my soul, he was the same way about me. I knew this already, but since his death I have received COUNTLESS messages saying "he talked about his sister ALL the time" or "he showed me FB pictures of you" and "he loved you SO much, and told everyone." Not that I didn't know he felt the same way that I did, it is always very comforting since his death to hear people tell me that. It just reaffirms that our feelings were mutual, we were closer than any two siblings I know, even with our age difference.

I will miss Addison everyday for the rest of my life, but as his friend told me yesterday: "Try not to think about all the years of your life that you will live without him. Remember the great years you had, but more importantly, the ETERNITY you will get to spend together one day. Forty or even Fifty more years apart, is NOTHING compared to forever...."

No comments:

Post a Comment