WELCOME!

WELCOME FRIENDS! This new blog page will let us reach non facebook users and continue in our mission against the Drug EPIDEMIC.

If you would like to send me a private message please email me at jessica_akhrass@yahoo.com
(all lower case letters)

YOU CAN MAKE A POST OR A COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING WITHOUT SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT :)

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

NO TEARS TODAY

As I mentioned earlier the meeting with the Congressman was really good. When I came home I was exhausted. I didn't sleep very much, but did get completely engrossed in a really stupid lifetime movie. Then I got up to let the dogs out and started to panic - though at first I didn't know why. I came inside and sat on the couch and looked at Addison's picture. I said to him "I haven't cried about you today Addison. In fact I spent a big portion of the day and didn't even think about you."
Isn't this what I've been wanting? To have almost a full day where I can think about anything BUT Addison? I did that today. And all of a sudden I felt such horrible guilt. I didn't cry about him, I didn't even think about him for several hours in a row. I know I shouldn't feel guilty if this means that I actually might be getting a little better. That's what I've wanted and I KNOW that's what Addison would want. But I really feel like I'm having a panic attack because I'm not crying about him. It's the weirdest feeling I've ever had.
Pray for healing, you start to maybe see a glimpse of it, and then you feel guilty for the answered prayer? Doesn't make much sense does it? I've been thinking about it for a little while now, still not any calmer, but can't figure out why there seem to be no tears today and feel horrible that they just aren't there.
I know a lot of you have suffered loss so I thought I would mention this to see if it's normal to some degree or am I really losing it now? ♥

1 comment:

  1. I think it is perfectly normal. I lost my mom back in 1993, and I think of her *almost* every single day. I don't usually cry about it because enough time has passed, but I feel guilty if I realize that she didn't cross my mind. I think what you're going through is normal. From the way you have described him, Addison wouldn't want you to cry about him every day, or even necessarily think about him everyday. Not thinking about him is not the same thing as forgetting him. Hang in there; things will get better. I was 12 when my mom passed away and I thought it was something I could never recover from. I still miss her, and I sometimes wish things were different, but I have a good life and I still love her. She is not forgotten, and Addison won't be forgotten, either.

    ReplyDelete