WELCOME!

WELCOME FRIENDS! This new blog page will let us reach non facebook users and continue in our mission against the Drug EPIDEMIC.

If you would like to send me a private message please email me at jessica_akhrass@yahoo.com
(all lower case letters)

YOU CAN MAKE A POST OR A COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING WITHOUT SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT :)

Friday, March 2, 2012

ADDISON FACTS

Facts:
Today is March 2nd. Today makes 2 months. In about 30 minutes from now, two months ago, my mom found Addison in his room. Ice Cold.
I will probably hate the second of every month for the rest of my life.
The other day while I was on the computer I found a paper Addison had emailed me to edit for his Western Civ class at UT. It was about Christopher Columbus, as was dated November 29, 2011. It was very hard to read the words on the screen that he had typed himself. HIS words, that I was correcting as I did SO many times.
Every time I leave the house I see a black Ford Explorer, which is what Addison drove, and he LOVED his truck.
I also see an ambulance every time I'm out. I didn't have the horror of following the ambulance to the hospital as my parents did, but I can only imagine how terrible that was.
In the past few weeks we have received his final death certificate, his autopsy report, and a letter from the donor association.
It is hard to read your brothers death certificate, especially since I have seen his birth certificate so many times with his tiny little foot prints on it.
It's even harder to read his autopsy report. I wanted to have it, to have proof that it was a drug overdose, though we KNEW that. But you don't expect to read how much every organ in your baby brother's body weighs. They said he had an enlarged heart - I could have told them that! His heart I guess was literally as big as it was figuratively.
The only thing viable to donate was Addison's eyes. He had the MOST beautiful, HUGE, big brown puppy dog eyes. It was the prettiest thing about him. I was happy to learn the transplant went well and someone is seeing through Addison's eyes at this very moment. They wrote in the letter that he had led someone from darkness into light, which was true about his spiritual walk while he was alive.
I miss Addison so much everyday that it affects my body physically. I hurt everywhere, inside and out. 
Addison had the BEST laugh, maybe it seems better now that he is gone. What I WOULDN'T GIVE to hear it again!
Addison was more than my baby brother, he was one of my best friends - he would have told you the same about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment