WELCOME!

WELCOME FRIENDS! This new blog page will let us reach non facebook users and continue in our mission against the Drug EPIDEMIC.

If you would like to send me a private message please email me at jessica_akhrass@yahoo.com
(all lower case letters)

YOU CAN MAKE A POST OR A COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING WITHOUT SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT :)

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

ADDISON FACTS

All of these memories happened during the last week of Addison's life while we were enjoying the beach together at Christmas.

TABOO
I don't know how many of you have played this game. We thought it would be fun to bring with us on our trip. Addison and I played on a team together against my mother and her best friend. Here are a couple of things that happened to show how funny Addison was.
I was feeding Addison the clues and the word was "DROPOUT" - you couldn't use the taboo words such as school, or fail, or anything like that so I said, "Um, Addison, this is STILL a possibility for you...." Without hesitation he yelled "JAIL!!!" We had been through so much with him over the years and were so convinced that he was doing well, and would continue to, that we all thought that was so funny, mostly because he said it SO quickly, and THAT was the first thing he thought of.
Another word I was trying to get him to say was "TOMBOY" so my clue was "Well, I was sort of like this when I was little" and again without hesitation Addison yells "UGLY!!!"
He was such a goof ball, and our family takes jokes really well, and we were always making fun of each other and no one ever got their feelings hurt.

One night I was standing out back with Addison and my mom smoking a cigarette, and we could see this young couple in the hallway. They looked to be no older than about 18 or 19 and they were totally making out right in front of the back door, which was ALL glass. We were trying not to stare, but I said "Are they going to take that to a room, or just do everything right there in the hallway?" Addison, being Addison immediately says "Yeah, do you want to go to your room with YOUR parents, or to my room with MY parents?" You can bet whenever you needed a laugh, just hang around Addison for a few minutes.

When we were checking out to go home, Addison was steering the luggage cart to the front lobby with ALL of our stuff on it. He got to the lobby and this Bahamian man that worked there said, "Hey, are you checking out???" And Addison looks him dead in the face without even cracking a smile and said "No man, I'm just taking my luggage for a ride."

Addison was the quickest witted person I have ever met. You could come at him with ANYTHING and he would have a funny and immediate answer. I miss that laugh, and I miss him making me laugh. I haven't laughed very much in the last few months, and no one could ever make me laugh the way he did. I'm doing my best to remember "the good times" which there were so many. Thats what my grandfather does. Even when I do that it makes me smile because of the memory, but then there are tears because we can't make any more like it....

No comments:

Post a Comment