WELCOME!

WELCOME FRIENDS! This new blog page will let us reach non facebook users and continue in our mission against the Drug EPIDEMIC.

If you would like to send me a private message please email me at jessica_akhrass@yahoo.com
(all lower case letters)

YOU CAN MAKE A POST OR A COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING WITHOUT SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT :)

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

WE DID IT!!!!!

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!! Thank GOD - and thank all the members of the Health Sub-Committee, Lindsay Craig, and all of my FB friends!
HB 2567 was passed this morning and will be heard in full committee in a week or two!!!

Many people that have been watching this issue closely in several states commented that our discussion in Tennessee was the BEST they've ever seen! :)

There is still MUCH work to be
 done and I feel so privileged to be a part of it. This whole thing is working out JUST as God planned - like everything does. I miss Addison more than anything. I would give ANYTHING to have him back. But he did NOT die in vain. His legacy moves on through my voice, (and ALL of our collective voices) and MANY lives will be saved because of my sweet brother that I love more than anything.

I will keep working no matter what, and hopefully will have all of you by my side every step of the way. Words cannot express how I feel today. NO ONE can make this day bad!!!!! This is a great day! I am heartbroken that Addison isn't here with me to celebrate, but true to God's plan - if Addison were here, then I would never have been able to be a part of any of this. Through his death, God will use me, and all of your help and support to save lives. I guess this is the TRUE meaning of "bittersweet" - I never really got it before now.

If you did not get to watch my shaky, nervous, and emotional testimony live this morning, it will be available in the archive videos in a few hours. I will post the link as SOON as it's available.

Thank you all who wrote to the sub-committee for me, thank you all for your continued and faithful support, and thank you most of all for the prayers being sent up for me everyday through this process. God is hearing you, and answering them, and we are getting something done!!!!!

Love to you all!!!! ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment