WELCOME!

WELCOME FRIENDS! This new blog page will let us reach non facebook users and continue in our mission against the Drug EPIDEMIC.

If you would like to send me a private message please email me at jessica_akhrass@yahoo.com
(all lower case letters)

YOU CAN MAKE A POST OR A COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING WITHOUT SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT :)

Friday, March 16, 2012

ADDISON FACTS

Facts:
Addison was not your typical "southern" guy. He didn't care much for the outdoors. Never went hunting, he only went fishing on occasion with my grandfather when he was little. He wasn't into hiking, biking, or camping.
Roughing it for Addison was staying in a hotel room that didn't have a flatscreen TV that was compatible to hook up his X-Box.
Every hotel we stayed in he would walk right in and go to the bed, lay down on it and check it's "comfort" level. :)
Addison loved water slides and amusement parks.
Addison could tell a lie, spin a tale, and manipulate anyone into believing anything he said, and that was never a good thing.
I'd give anything for the phone to ring and it be Addison. Even if it was one of those panicked "Jessica I need you!" kind of calls.
I see young guys in parking lots and gas stations and find myself staring at them thinking "that's someone's son, and maybe someone's brother, I wish it was MY brother that I'd run into."
I went to pick up my husband at the airport last week and while waiting in the car I looked at the automatic sliding doors at McGee Tyson Airport and thought, how MANY times Addison and I had waited RIGHT there with my mom while my dad went to get the car after a vacation.
Many times during Addison's battle with addiction we would scream and yell at each other on the phone. I told him I hated him. We would hang up on each other sometimes and both of us were too stubborn to call the other one back. Thank God the last week and especially the last night I had with him we never fought, and we left each other happy.
Hug your brothers and sisters every time you see them and ESPECIALLY every time you say goodbye. Don't EVER hang up the phone or leave mad, no matter how mad you are.
Don't ever use the word "hate" towards them, from experience, you will regret that one day.
I can still see Addison sweet face in my mind's eye; his big brown puppy dog eyes, and that sneaky little cheshire cat grin.
If I can figure out how to do it I plan to make another video, but not one of pictures you all have already seen. I plan to make it using my video camera, with old home movies, there isn't very much footage of him bc he was so camera shy but that way you can see him, and hear his voice, and get a small glimpse of the brother I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment