WELCOME!

WELCOME FRIENDS! This new blog page will let us reach non facebook users and continue in our mission against the Drug EPIDEMIC.

If you would like to send me a private message please email me at jessica_akhrass@yahoo.com
(all lower case letters)

YOU CAN MAKE A POST OR A COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING WITHOUT SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT :)

Monday, March 5, 2012

ADDISON FACTS

Facts:
Addison graduated from Knoxville Catholic High School in 2008
He wanted to study Psychology at UT, after he figured out Business was really boring (I have my Minor in Business, I TOLD him he would hate it!)
I'm not exactly sure what I will do when it's time to renew my phone. I have texts from Addison that I would never want to lose, especially the ones that say I love you.
Addison was EXCELLENT at paintball. After many years of playing he joined the UT team his freshman year. He used to always try to teach me "the finger roll" which I was never really good at :)
He loved Reese Cups and Oreo cookies
Everything that would require or have a possibility of needing dressing was DRENCHED in Ranch
At Christmas at the Atlantis he and my husband and dad would have ping pong tournaments when the tables were free next to the pool
I got out home movies a few weeks ago because I desperately wanted to hear his voice. I remembered then how camera shy he was, he would duck every time the camera was pointed at him.
I have no videos of us together
When there was a movie theatre across the street from our neighborhood I used to go as his "guardian" for movies he wasn't old enough to see
I realized the other day his toothbrush is still in the guest bathroom
In the very near future will be the first time that my husband goes out of town and I don't have Addison to come stay with me
A few weeks after he returned from rehab I had him come with me and pick out two trees to plant in my back yard. The ground back there is so hard and rocky, that I was holding the hose to wet the soil, and he was shoveling as hard as he could. He would later go home to tell my mom "Well, we got them in the ground, but I didn't have the heart to tell her they weren't gonna make it" Today those trees (one planted for me, and one for him - right next to each other) are HUGE. Mine is bigger than his, but they have grown and are strong enough now to stand on their own. I find it ironic when I look at them now that they are "Weeping Willows"
When we move from this house those trees will be the hardest thing to leave behind

No comments:

Post a Comment